GTM Additional Info & Quick Start Guide
To implement Google Tag Manager on your website:
<head>tag as possible on every page of your website, replacing GTM-XXXX with your container ID:
<!-- Google Tag Manager -->
new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s),
<!-- End Google Tag Manager -->
- Copy the following snippet and paste it immediately after the opening
<body>tag on every page of your website, replacing GTM-XXXX with your container ID:
<!-- Google Tag Manager (noscript) -->
height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden"></iframe></noscript>
<!-- End Google Tag Manager (noscript) -->
Many tag management operations can be achieved by just doing the basic code installation, but if you'd like to have finer grain control over tag events or data, you may want to use some customization using our asynchronous methods.
For more information about how to migrate your current on-site tag configuration to GTM, we have additional articles on:
To further customize your installation, please review the following additional resources:
- Adding Events and Variables — Learn about how to use Google Tag Manager to collect dynamic data and to track events.
- Multiple Domains — Learn about best practices for implementing Google Tag Manager across multiple domains.
- Renaming the Data Layer — Under certain circumstances, you may want to alter the name of the Data Layer.
- Security — Learn about additional features of Google Tag Manager that may help site-owners with advanced security concerns.